Here are a couple of great keynote speeches you might like to watch for inspiration.
Remember when you come to preparing your next speech or presentation to:
1. Think about your audience. Your presentation should be about ‘them’ not you.
2. Your objective. Are you planning to educate, entertain, persuade, inspire … ?
3. Be authentic. Don’t try to channel Ellen or Tim or even Bill Gates. It won’t work! Be yourself.
4. Spend time rehearsing. Say it out loud. Punctuate your presentation with deliberate pauses. Be descriptive and use metaphors and analogies to colour your speech.
5. Enjoy it. There is nothing more off putting for an audience than watching someone who is clearly uncomfortable and can’t wait to get their presentation over with.