http://mediafriendly.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Media-Friendly-Logo-web-300x138.jpg 0 0 Main_User_3 http://mediafriendly.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Media-Friendly-Logo-web-300x138.jpg Main_User_32011-11-09 19:26:392011-11-09 19:26:39Top Media and Presentation Tips
- Before agreeing to an interview think about why you would participate. What’s in it for you? What’s your agenda?
- Never lie to a journalist or “fudge”.
- Nothing is off the record. Ever.
- If you find yourself in the middle of a crisis, keep the journalists updated and informed. Express concern and sympathy for anyone affected, explain how it happened, what you are doing to deal with it, and if appropriate how you will be moving forward.
- Be genuine. Even if you make a mistake people appreciate honesty.
- Prepare and practice. Know your story and message inside out.
- The rule of 3 – audiences struggle to remember too much information.
- Less is more. Even great public speakers can get boring after too long.
- Use visuals to compliment what you are saying – they should not take over the presentation.
- Be yourself. Smile. Enjoy the experience.